Specialized Counseling and Support for Kids and Families Coping with Food Allergies
- Does your child struggle with allergies or celiac disease?
- Does your son or daughter sometimes feel different or socially isolated as a result of these challenges?
- Does your child have to sit at an allergy-friendly table in the cafeteria or bring special foods to birthday parties?
- Does your teenager resist self care for his or her allergies?
- As a parent, do you find yourself organizing your life around your child with allergies or celiac disease?
Judy Liss, LCSW-C, psychotherapist in practice with The Chrysalis Group
, provides a full-spectrum of allergy-related services, including—
- Counseling groups for elementary age and high school students with allergies/celiac disease
- Groups for parents of kids with allergies/celiac disease
- Individual and family counseling, including “food challenge” support and anxiety related to eating
- Consulting/in-service work for schools
Judy works with children, adolescents, and adults and has been working with groups for over 10 years. As a mother with a child with multiple severe food allergies, she is particularly sensitive, well educated, and passionate about allergy issues in children and families.
TO SIGN UP FOR A GROUP OR TO CONTACT JUDY LISS CALL: 301-652-1582 or email Judy@TheChrysalisGroupInc.com
Jerry M. Shier, MD of The Asthma and Allergy Center endorses Chrysalis’ services, stating that “food allergies have a significant impact on families and the counseling and groups offered by Judy Liss of The Chrysalis Group are effective means of learning positive coping skills, reducing anxiety, and learning important strategies of managing food allergies.”